Auto Insurance in Michigan
Auto insurance protects you if you are involved in an accident. Whether another motorist damages your vehicle or is damaged by theft, fire, or vandalism, we offer coverage options here at Halabicky Insurance Group to protect you. We are located in Brighton, MI and Imlay City, MI but serve clients all over Michigan. Our agents will work with you to find the best policy to suit your needs.
Auto Insurance Requirements
Auto insurance is legally required in the state of Michigan. All vehicle owners must purchase at least the minimum liability limits, which are:
- Bodily injury for each person for $20,000
- Bodily injury for each accident for $40,000
- Property damage for $10,000
You also have the option to purchase higher limits if you want full coverage. Liability only protects you if you cause an accident that causes injuries to another person. It also protects you if you cause property damage.
Auto Insurance Coverage
Here is what auto insurance covers:
- Collision- If your car sustains physical damage following a car accident, this will cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle. It doesn’t matter who caused the accident.
- Comprehensive- This covers damage to your vehicle resulting from theft, wind, storms, vandalism, or animals. It will cover the cost of repairing or replacing your car.
- Uninsured/underinsured- If you get into an accident with another driver who is not insured, this will cover your medical expenses and lost wages if you are hurt, and the other driver is at fault.
- Personal injury protection- This will pay for your medical expenses for both you and your passengers if you are hurt following an accident.
- Roadside assistance- This covers you if you are stranded and need a tow for reasons including fuel delivery, mechanical breakdowns, and more.
To obtain a quote for auto insurance, call us here at Halabicky Insurance Group. We are located in Brighton, MI and Imlay City, MI.