Motorcycle Insurance in Michigan
Did you know you need some form of financial responsibility to ride a motorcycle on Michigan public roads? The state requires you to take the blame for property damage and injuries you cause, and you can satisfy this requirement by purchasing motorcycle insurance. At Halabicky Insurance Group, we recommend customizing your insurance to meet your riding needs. For additional guidance, you can visit us at our Brighton, MI, or Imlay City, MI offices.
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work?
One of the most common myths about motorcycle insurance is that many people assume that their motorcycle is automatically covered under their car insurance. There’s nothing wrong with adding it to your existing auto policy. To do this, you must provide all the information about the bike and pay premiums for it too.
With that said, motorcycle insurance operates like auto insurance. It covers damage to your bike, property, and injuries. The motorcycle also carries liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage like auto insurance. When your bike gets into an accident, you file a claim and obtain compensation.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance in Michigan Cover?
Different insurance providers in Brighton, MI and Imlay City, MI, may offer additional coverage to protect your motorcycle. You can speak to a professional to help customize your policy by telling you the coverage you need. Motorcycle insurance generally covers the following:
- Liability insurance: Pays for injuries and damages you cause to others, including legal defense fees.
- Guest passenger liability: Pays for guest passenger medical expenses if you cause an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage: Pays for damages and injuries caused by a motorist who doesn’t have insurance.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection: Pays for you and your passengers’ medical expenses after an accident.
- Collision insurance: Pays for damage caused on your motorcycle due to a collision with objects.
- Comprehensive: Repairs your motorcycle for damage caused by things other than collisions, such as fire and theft.
Get a Policy for Your Motorcycle Today
Protect yourself from financial losses in an accident by getting adequate motorcycle insurance at Halabicky Insurance Group. Contact us today for more information.