Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Michigan
Boat insurance protects you if your boat is damaged following an accident. While it may not seem necessary, you are always at risk of an accident whether you are using your boat or it is parked. We offer insurance for boats and other watercraft here at Halabicky Insurance Group in Brighton, MI and Imlay City, MI.
Boat insurance is not mandatory in Michigan. But, a marina may request proof of insurance if you dock your boat. Lenders can also require boat owners to purchase coverage if their boat is financed.
Here is what boat insurance covers:
- Physical damage- This covers your boat if it is damaged due to a collision, theft, storms, fire, sinking, and more. It typically covers motors, batteries, fuel tanks, anchors, and onboard safety equipment.
- Liability- If your boat causes an injury to another person or damage to docks, or another ship, this will cover you. This also protects you from lawsuits and covers the legal fees you may be responsible for.
- Medical payments- This can help you pay for your medical expenses following an accident that injures you and your passengers. It can cover the costs, including x-rays, hospital and doctor visits, prescriptions, and more.
- Freeze and ice- Even if you don’t reside in an area where you see freezing temps often, it could be a surprise. This will protect your boat if your motor or engine is damaged due to cold weather.
- Uninsured/underinsured- This will cover you if you are hit by another boater who doesn’t have insurance. It covers property costs and medical bills for you and your passengers.
If you are interested in receiving a boat insurance quote, call Halabicky Insurance Group today. We are located in Brighton and Imlay City.